If you love pigs in blankets, you must try angels on horseback. They’re as moreish as the sausage variety but offer a distinctly different, and very pleasant, aftertaste.
- Drain the oysters and set them on some kitchen roll to remove most of the remaining liquid.
- In a pan, add a tablespoon of oil and pre-fry the bacon until it is half cooked – this is because the oysters cook much faster than the bacon.
- Cut the bacon in half* and wrap each oyster with bacon and secure with a chopstick.
- Drizzle the remaining oil onto a pan or grill and cook your angels on horseback, turning frequently, until the bacon has turned dark pink on all sides.
- Then, watch them fly off the plate!
*If your oysters are bigger, you may need a full slice of back for each.