If you’re looking for an easy recipe by way of an introduction to oysters, this is it. Baked oysters with garlic breadcrumbs is a simple dish to throw together, and the combination of flavours and textures makes this one you’ll be craving again and again.
- Preheat oven to 220 C and shuck your oysters, placing them on a baking tray with a wire rack.
- In a pot, melt the butter then add the garlic and parsley to the melted butter and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the butter mixture from the heat and pour in the breadcrumbs and stir until well combined.
- Divide the garlic breadcrumb mix between your oysters, spreading it out to the edge of the shell.
- Place tray in the middle of the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs have turned golden brown.
- Serve on a bed of rock salt and try to share.