If you like cheese and you like oysters, then you’ll absolutely love cheesy oysters! This easy-to-make recipe is the ultimate in comfort food, especially on these colder, darker evenings.
- Preheat your oven to 175C.
- In a pot, add the milk and cornflour and bring to a low boil over a medium heat, stirring continually until the milk has thickened to a custard-like consistency – you may need to add more milk if it becomes too thick, or more cornflour if it is too watery.
- Remove the pot from heat and add in the cheddar cheese and half of the parmesan cheese then stir until the cheese is melted.
- Drain the liquor from your oysters and top each one with the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining parmesan on top of the oysters and place in the middle of your oven.
- Baked for 12 minutes, or until the cheese has started to turn a deep-golden colour.
- Allow your cheesy oysters to cool a little before you eat them to avoid burning your hands on the hot shell, or your mouth with the hot, cheesy sauce.