I think we can all agree the French know a thing or two about cooking? Well, these French-style mussels will certainly impress even the fussiest of guests. The rich, creamy white wine sauce marries so well with the fresh, meaty mussels.
- Melt a third of your butter (25 g) in a pot along with the oil then add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and parsley and cook for a further minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Pour the white wine, cream, and remaining butter into the pot and let them come to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the mussels and place a lid on the pot.
- Allow the mussels to cook for 6 to 8 minutes in the pot, shaking a couple of times to coat them all in the sauce.
- Once all the mussels are open, transfer them and the sauce to a large bowl and serve with some lemon wedges and crusty bread to soak up the sauce.