Steamed mussels are one of the easiest, and tastiest, shellfish dishes you can prepare. Our Irish mussels have a high meat content and can provide you with a substantial and nutritious meal in minutes.
- Melt the knob of butter in a pot then add the finely-chopped shallot and sauté until translucent – around 2 minutes.
- Once the shallots are cooked, add the mussels and white wine to the pot and cover with a lid.
- Allow the mussels to cook for 4 to 5 minutes, shaking the pot once or twice to allow the mussels to cook evenly.
- When the mussels are open, they are ready to eat.
- Remove from the heat and pour the contents of the pot into a bowl, sprinkle on some fresh parsley, and enjoy with a bit of crusty sourdough bread.